Caramel, shortbread, chocolate, tahini… need I say more??
For the Shortbread Base
- 1.5 cups fine almond flour (I use Bob’s Red Mill)
- 3 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
For the Salted Tahini Caramel
- 1/2 cup tahini
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
For the Chocolate Layer
- 3/4 cup Enjoy Life Chocolate Chips
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- Sea salt, for sprinkling on top
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line an 8×8 inch square pan with parchment paper (I used a smaller one in the pictures, but an 8×8 inch is best).
- In a medium bowl add the almond flour, coconut oil, maple syrup, vanilla extract, and salt. Mix together with a fork until a nice thick crumb texture forms. Add to pan and use fingers to evenly press around. Bake for 10 minutes and allow crust to cool for 10 minutes for adding caramel in the next step.
- To make the tahini caramel add the tahini, maple syrup, coconut oil, vanilla extract, and sea salt to a medium pot. Heat on medium-low heat for 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Pour over cooled crust.
- Place in fridge for at least 30 minutes to harden the caramel. You can put it in the freezer for 15 minutes if you’re short on time.
- Make the chocolate layer by melting the Enjoy Life Chocolate Chips with the coconut oil in the microwave for 30 seconds, stirring half way in-between.
- Pour over the caramel layer, tilting the pan from side to side to cover the entire layer. Cool for an hour in the fridge.
- Sprinkle with sea salt and enjoy!
- Category: dessert
- Method: stove top
- Serving Size: 1 bar
- Calories: 257kcal
- Sugar: 11.9gm
- Fat: 21gm
- Saturated Fat: 10gm
- Carbohydrates: 16.8hm
- Protein: 4.3gm