All of the favorite childhood pancake memories – just in an upgraded formula.
- 1 large green plantains (about 1 cup pureed)
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1.5 Tbsp extra virgin coconut oil
- 1/8 tsp salt (a generous pinch)
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon green banana flour
- Extra coconut oil for frying
- Peel plantains and place pieces in your blender (I love my Vitamix) or food processor (I use this all the time) with the eggs. Blend about one minute until smooth.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and blend on high for an additional 2-3 minutes until batter is smooth.
- Heat coconut oil in a frying pan or on a griddle over medium-high heat.
- Pour a small amount of batter into pan once oil is heated, about 3 inches round.
- Let cook 4-5 minutes on the first side, until the top looks fairly dry with little bubbles in it (just like regular pancakes!).
- Flip! And cook on the second side for 1½-2 minutes.
- Repeat with remaining batter, adding a little more coconut oil to your pan as needed.
TO SERVE: top with optional almond butter or for a more savory breakfast add a fried egg or breakfast meat on the side.
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Stove top
Keywords: pancakes, breakfast, plantain